Forum Index

*** FORUM CLOSED DUE TO LACK OF TIME, SORRY! - zinger :( ***

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Self Introduction Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pikoloko

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I'm Wojtek, a Pole living in London for a third of my life now. Two weeks ago I found (yes, found on the street) a yamaha v-50 on my way to work. Having never programmed a fm synth before I'm pretty lost (another thing is that user friendly interface hasn't been invented back then:)), so here I am, looking for help! I also own a rm1x which I haven't dared to link through midi to v50 yet. Have been making noise for quite some time now, began with fasttracker 2.09, now sketch on rm1x and polish on flstudio (yes, I know it's not professional, but I love fl!)
Anapan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone. Justin from BC, Canada.

I have no musical tallent, however I've always loved synth music, and spent unmeasurable hours playing dos games and enjoying demos, mods, and midi music from the amiga and dos demoscene archives. Recently I found an old harddrive from my 486 with all that cool stuff on it I'd nearly forgotten about and decided to give it a listen. I was disappointed that all my new hardware was mostly incompatible and tried to find ways to make it all work on my laptop. Not the type to just give up I spent a couple weekends looking up a solution and found all kinds of really cool stuff. To my surprise it was so scattered across the net and alot of it had to be retrieved from archive.org. Seeing a hole in the availability of this stuff I compiled my newfound knowledge into a webpage so It could be easily found on google. I still haven't found the perfect solution and may have to modify and compile some sourcecode I found to make it happen (my programming skilld are rusty and outdated). I'm hoping some guys with superior talent on this board might be able to help or offer suggestions.

Cheers!
dewington

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone. My name is Dewi I'm From North Wales in the UK. I'm into electronica and idm music. I use FM synths a lot in my work myspace. I use NI FM8 / ableton operator / VOPM / and some Reaktor FM ensembles. I'm particularly interested in using FM for percussive elements and most of my beats are FM generated. I'm hoping to delve into the more dark and mysterious areas of FM for percussion and am hoping some of you might be able to help out when I get stuck!! Cheers.
Udderdude

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 02:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, introduction post. I'm Chris, from Toronto, ON. Like everyone else here (I hope!), I love classic VGM sound, and FM in paticular, since it's so versatile. You can really make some unique sounds with it. I am quite new to FM composing and patch making, but I hope to learn more.

Composing tools: I use MODplug Tracker and VOPM+FL Studio. Not very complex, but it gets the job done.

I also do other various other creative stuff .. artwork, non-FM related composing, game development, etc. Most of it's on my website, speaking of which ..

Plug time: http://rydia.net/udder/ Razz
Jredd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 08:34    Post subject: Hello, it's nice to meet you all. Reply with quote

My name is Trevin, but I go by Jredd on the internet. Calling me by either name is fine. I am a keyboardist who just got into tracking a year or 2 ago. I have made some songs with Shiru's TFM tracker and I also have a nice Yamaha FM synthesizer keyboard that I use to make more spontaneous FM synth music.

I am also an 8 bit collective member. http://8bitcollective.com/members/Jredd/

I've also made an album using the Nintendo DS game Korg-DS 10 and have an album online for a free download but you can donate money to me if you like Razz!
http://www.obscura-records.com/releases/jredd_superbit.html
I also plan on releasing an FM synth album there as well if they give me the go ahead. Smile

I have also made many game arrangements, 2 of them have even made it onto OCremix! Besides making music, I also enjoy creating abstract computer art, writing poetry, and many other things. I hope to meet many new friends here and help out around here in any way I can. See you all on the forums!
jedi787plus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am known in YouTube and Nico Nico Douga simply as jedi787plus, but my real family name is Vargas and I hail from Atlanta, Georgia (USA). My passion is OPNA FM+PSG music, something I discovered through ZUN's classic Touhou Project shooter games for the PC-98 platform that heavily used the PMD98 music file format invented by M.Kajihara (KAJA). I had earlier released my first OPNA arrangement here at SoundShock, and now I'm planning to do some other arrangements and perhaps an original composition.

I use the Anex86 PC-98 emulator and KAJA's MC.EXE MML compiler to compile MML text into PMD98 music (.M, .M2, .M26, .M86) designed for OPN or OPNA chips. I then use C60's FMPMD2000 player to export PMD98 into PCM (.WAV), which I can then convert to other popular sampled-audio formats.
freezedream

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 04:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to 'meet' you all!

My name is Nathan Stanley, I'm 25 and I live in Adelaide, Australia. I love most kinds electronic music.

I started tracking on a Amiga in 1997 and moved to FasttrackerII around 1998, followed by Buzz, which I still use. I've also recently begun exploring the chipmusic scene, creating music on Gameboy and Sega Megadrive. I've also had a bit of a look at AT2, but have yet to complete a track in it.

Music is really something I do in the small amount of spare time that I have. My other time is committed to finishing off my PhD in Medicinal Chemistry and spending time with my wife and two young children. Very Happy
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 09:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hucbald wrote:
Hello,

I'm an old school FM synth programmer who got out of it for many years, and am now back due to advances in tech and my musical evolution.

I started out with a Synclavier II system with the Roland guitar interface in 1983, since I'm a guitarist, and that Synclavier grew over time into the later Synclavier Digital Music System with the velocity/pressure keyboard, Pericom terminal, MIDI, SMPTE, &c.

I added a Yamaha TX-816 to the rig when they came out, and I used to program it with a program I can't remember the name of that ran on a Commodore 64. It was powerful, though, and it was the first program with a GUI that I ever encountered.

I got so good at programming timbres on the Synclavier, especially wild sound effects and sound sculptures, that New England Digital distributed dozens of my patches with the Synclavier. If you're a fan of 80's and 90's sci-fi films, you've heard my sounds. In fact, I still hear them once in a while to this day.

Took a big turn from steel string to nylon string guitars in 1987, and went through an acoustic classical guitar phase. I still used the Synclavier and TX-916 for MIDI stuff, but I stopped performing with it. Finally parted out the Synclavier in 2004.

I still play nylon string solo guitar only, but have evolved into playing electric in stereo with effects, and since I only use guitars with RMC Polydrive hexaphonic systems, decided to get back into MIDI guitar about a year ago. I tried out an Axon AX-100 Mk II, and it tracks wonderfully and has very powerwful fingerboard setup software, but the sound card is a lowly GM sample set which I have no interest in using.

So, I've been looking for a synth to play, and went through various possibilities - another TX-816, a TX-802 or a TX-81Z - before discovering, completely by accident, the Yamaha FS1R. I was out of the game at the time that synth appeared, so it slipped completely under my radar. I didn't even know it existed until I stumbled across one on eBay one night.

Well, I found a good one and bought it, and also found the FS1R Editor freeware for Mac OS X that allows for manipulating the formant sequences (Unisyn doesn't do that, as I understand it), so as I get back into the game, I'll probably just lurk and learn here as I work my way through the archives.

Ciao,

seablue wrote:
Glad to have you among us, Hucbald!
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 09:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome guys! It's REALLY cool to have a Synclavier expert on the team.
VIVIsect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for necromancing Very Happy

Im Bojan, from serbia, addicted to fasttracker2 and tracking most of my free time. I fell in love with that metallic "fm sound" from old dos times, tyrian, warcraft 2 and blackthorne music Very Happy

Im interested in learning z-music, if that is what groundzero guys use, i have used xpmck a couple of times...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: