Forum Index

*** FORUM CLOSED DUE TO LACK OF TIME, SORRY! - zinger :( ***

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Self Introduction Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 14:12    Post subject: Self Introduction Thread Reply with quote

first forum post get!
I guess user presentation goes here :)
Good luck to this forum!!!

I'm IT214 and AdT2 tracker from Sweden and most interested in / influenced by spacy chip/vg music.

here are some IT-tunes (many channels).
I've made two presentable fm tunes :) nimopl3_02 nimopl3_03

edit: extra cool info: I'm sort of a gamedev student not yet graduate and hope to make cool shmups and hentai games in a close future :)
favorite music is susumu hirasawa (non-soundtrack works) and game composers like shinji hosoe, those of basiscape etc..
I'm collecting every good fm music I find so if someone is also collecting I'd love to merge with you...r collection..

Last edited by nim on Wed Aug 15, 2007 19:21; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great initiative nim, and welcome to SOUNDSHOCK! Smile

I developed a serious interest for music and audio in general about five years ago (age fifteen or so), when I accidentally discovered trackers. This in turn led me to chipmusic and the demoscene. That was my introduction to musical creativity, and it kept me busy for a few years (outcome). I've been experimenting with Renoise along with various FM synths since then, trying to mimic japanese video game and arcade game music, to some extent, which has been a great source of inspiration for the last few years.

Myspace
Site

Other influences include jazz and funk legends such as Keith Jarrett and Herbie Hancock - among shitloads of other musicians from other genres and styles that might have inspired me in a slightly more indirect way. I try to listen to as much and as varied music as possible, as long as I don't feel forced to. Since a few months back, I've been focusing on composing for the Mega Drive (fitted inside is a YM2612, 4 operator, 6 channel FM chip), and might very well keep on for a couple of years - I've dreamt about doing this since I was 11 years old. Razz

Anyway, hobbies aside... I finished highschool two years ago and have been working, travelling, collecting arcade games and slacking on and off since then. If everything works out right, I'll be studying music theory at Lund's university (southern Sweden) this autumn.
aegis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm from finland and i like fm synthesis.
tinctu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.
I am Elan from Slovakia / Europe (between Austria, Czech ,Poland and Hungary).
Well I started tracking in Scream Tracker 2 (1993) than I found Fasttracker 2 (1995) than Psycle and now AODIX4 modular tracker.
Since 2004 I discover beauty of real soundchip.
I start (until now) with Atari Pokey - PSG (RMTTracker) and this year OPL3 - FM (Adlibtracker2) soundchip ,and I have some plans for MEGADRIVE music too.

Songs comming soon and webpage too.

I am student (industrial design).I like electronic music best.Teahouses ,good movies and drawing(3d and pixel art too).Watching demoart.And next year in summer I want to start with Kitesurfing...

Myspace site

Last edited by tinctu on Thu Oct 04, 2007 19:24; edited 24 times in total
encore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my name is Mikkel but I'm probably more known as "encore" as far as adlib/fm-stuff goes. Smile I was a big fan of Impulse Tracker as well, then spent some time with Adlib Tracker II (also did the webpage http://www.adlibtracker.net) and now I'm mainly using Renoise when making music.

I am from Sweden too, currently 26 years old and work as a webdeveloper in a small company on the countryside.
seablue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

seablue on the keys. first of all, i think it's a great initiative to start this forum!

i have been interested in computer based music ever since i first heard it.. so, basically my entire life. Smile i started messing around with modplug tracker in late 2000 and have been attempting to make chiptune modules on and off ever since. i started examining opl2-adlib, and the various formates/trackers/players related to it, due to my healthy interest in all-things chiptune, but also because of its relative obscurity and the dismissive redundancy that seemed to unfairly surround it. i was especially stoked by the work by the vibrants (metal in particular) as well as phandral and louis. my favorite adlib trackers are RAD and the eminent AT2, which i hope to produce some songs with in the (hopefully not too distant) future.

also, i am 23, from denmark. i am currently a university student.
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

aegis, Elan, encore, seablue, great to have you all here!
i got no legs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 05:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Kevin and I am from the United States in Utah. I started using BuzzTracker around 2004 and switched to Renoise at the end of '05. Lately, I got a Yamaha FB-01 that I attempt to sequence stuff that sounds sorta like music on. I am 21, working a job in IT and am also a university student.
danyl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 07:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!
I'm Daniel Illgen from Germany. I'm 23 and started hacking the opl3 back around '99.
My projects so far are in_a2t, synder and llsid. Currently i'm working in a telephone company as a network manager and administrator.
I listen to Metal (everything), Industrial+EBM and of course anything done with a soundchip
It's so damn cool that we finally have a FM forum ^^
subz3ro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 08:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, finally we seem to have some place to go to from that hard-spammed message board from adlibtracker.net Laughing
My name is Stanislav Baranec, I will be 30 years old (already, ufff), I'm from Slovakia (geographical position Elan already described *grin*), better known as subz3ro.
I've made the ADLiB TRACK3R II back then, now the development is nearly stopped (or sticked to maintenance) due to lack of spare time Rolling Eyes
I'm working for one big IT company that is (just for example) selling IT solutions to DaNyL's compamy Laughing (how small is this world, isn't it?)
Malfunction

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 09:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm Slawomir Bubel (aka Malfunction/Altair) from Poland. I'm sound synthesis enthusiast - especially involved in some Danyl's and Subz3ro's projects back then (LLSID and AdT2 Macrodefinitions). I'm musician and graphician aswell Very Happy

Right now I'm into estabilishing my own synthesizer software/hardware bussines.

Cheers!
louisg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone! I'm a 27 year old computer music freakazoid living in the bay area, northern California. I became interested in low-operator (OPL2) FM around 2000 when I discovered it was actually able to make some great sounds! I felt that it had been a much maligned chip, and thought it would be fun to experiment with. Another thing that attracts me to FM is that the synthesis method itself is beautiful in its simplicity, it's extremely flexible, and quite a challenge.

For OPL2 music, I use RADtracker. For other stuff, I'm caught between MilkyTracker, SoundTracker and Rosegarden. I currently work as a programmer for a music hardware company.

I'm influenced by video game music both European (amiga & c64 music) and Japanese (arcade game soundtracks), which strangely led me to listen to 70s fusion. I also like demo and chiptune music, hip hop (especially early 90s), and classic rock. This is my (somewhat pretentious =)) page: http://www.gorenfeld.net/lou

Good to see more IT214 users, and fellow USians! =) .. not to mention my IRC buddies.
vintaque

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all carriers and modulators!!

I'am student of graphic design from Finland. I started making tunes with my C64 couple of years ago. Last winter I founded Adlibtracker 2 and it was love at first sight Smile I'm totally noob to FM, but it seems to get more familiar tune after tune.

I'am also a Go-beginner (10 kyu at the moment), videogamer (Xbox, GB, C64), a computer-collector, Mac-user and cat-owner. Yeah, and big geek too :-B

my dungeon of tunes: http://www.mikseri.net/vintaque
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got no legs, danyl, subz3ro, Malfunction, louisg, vintaque, welcome! Razz
Janoch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Zinger has been doing all the work so far, I also want to greet all FM enthusiasts joining the board!

I'm Janoch, born 1981, started loving FM music when I got my first Sound Blaster like '93 or something. Even before that I was in love with the MegaDrive soundtracks for Golden Axe and Streets of Rage. Everything simply sounds better made with FM!

Over the years I've made a few attempts at an OPL3 tracker but I was too scatterbrained to make anything worthy of public release.

I recently got a new job as a programmer in a startup company, but will hopefully find some time to make a proper Soundshock portal site and make a souped up FM tracker.

Apart from being a general computer geek I'm also into hardware synthesizers and techno music. I've had among others a Yamaha SY77 and a Casio CZ-5000 and presently own an Evolution EVS-1. But the few times I ever actually make any music it's usually in EdLib Smile

FIY: me and my brother both went to the same schools (albeit different schools) as Nim Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: