Forum Index

*** FORUM CLOSED DUE TO LACK OF TIME, SORRY! - zinger :( ***

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FM Beauty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Racks and Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knurek

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malfunction wrote:
Are there any Linux player for Hoot?

No, but datschge managed to get it to run under Wine
http://snesmusic.org/hoot/v2/faq.php#wine
nim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

YMF288 sounds exciting for composing! (even though any opn seems sufficient for my level of skill atm :))
anyone have any plans for a FMB (multichip?) Tracker yet? :)
wasn't there some talk on the adt2 message board?

how is FMB powered by the way? will it draw all it's power from the usb port or be self powered? (battery? adapter?)
(dreaming((standalone with knobs, lcd, midikeys)))
any plans for controlls like knobs etc? (either for direct fm programming or as controlls for the connected pc?) would be a great way to hit two flies in one swing :)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tinctu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 08:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

nim wrote:
YMF288 sounds exciting for composing! (even though any opn seems sufficient for my level of skill atm Smile)
anyone have any plans for a FMB (multichip?) Tracker yet? Smile
wasn't there some talk on the adt2 message board?

how is FMB powered by the way? will it draw all it's power from the usb port or be self powered? (battery? adapter?)
(dreaming((standalone with knobs, lcd, midikeys)))
any plans for controlls like knobs etc? (either for direct fm programming or as controlls for the connected pc?) would be a great way to hit two flies in one swing Smile

Exactly FM|B+KNOB-Controller+Ultra portable Mini MIDI-KEY+Gamepark/Notebook !!!

I am for USB controlled knobs too - >

plus

plus

Notebook / GAMEPARK GP2X + usb (linux inside...)

That tracker can be like PsycleTracker or Buzz but maschines will means FM soundchips + daugterboard modules (I want that Saraboard SAA1099 6xstereo PSG too - You know PSG sound raw but it is nice element...).

Here are screenshots - what I mean:

Graphic - node - GUI for instruments and what chip will be used and left/right mix-channel...

And SIMPLE - standard tracker GUI:

+ Some gamepad live act (patterns + tracks) sequencer+mixer.
Tracking on the GO with gamepad(12buttons+1xd-pad+2xanalog)...

Or mouse+that knobs / midi-keyboard.

Like game (row,lines - like tetris or something like that) + GUI or something like that:

PS:
Sorry I am busy - so just ideas and English grammar is non-correct here...

PS:
It can be LINUX (PC/GP2X/... port) and Windows XP/Vista Port then.
Or as live standalone system for music LIVE LINUX CD (USBKEY) - FM-B LINUX Embarassed

Withouth WindowsManager just Bootable-Tracker : )...

Last edited by tinctu on Sat Jan 19, 2008 09:40; edited 1 time in total
TmEE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question : From where would the YM2612 come from ? Yamaha has some left, or they'll make some on request ?
And FMB has 50MHz CPU, and quite some amount of RAM... I see nothing that stops you from playing samples with YM2612... eh, I've even written a REALLY fast 2Channel (!!!) sample player for Z80 in MD, maximum sampling rate is 52KHz, and the Z80 in MD is less than 4MHz... My 1Ch player could go around 110KHz.
One thing, YM2612 can play up to around 70KHz sampling rate, if you go over it, YM2612 needs a reset to start functioning again...
Malfunction

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are sources of obsolete chips all around the world Smile I have contact to some of them - probably we will sell separated soundchips for people's projects or as replacement parts too.
I think there will be no need of using YM2612's DAC nor EZ80 to play samples - we are planning a little nice surprise Wink

70KHz - woow! If Sega make IRQ connected from YM2612 - it's internal timer could make IRQs at 55,5KHz - just semi-hardware period-settable DAC Wink
I hope You will try to make something for FM-Beauty when it will be available Smile
TmEE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

FMB sounds nice, but I'll pass, I'm really not a musician... and only FM chips that I'll ever mess with are OPL3 and YM2612, and I have both of them, YM2612 in my MD, and OPL3 on my Yamaha YMF719. And I use Win98SE, XP is only for emergencies...
Using IRQ to drive samples is a two end thing, since Z80 in MD has only 1 IRQ, there was a choice between Vsync and YM2612 IRQ, but since Z80 is in the system for SMS compatibility also, and no-one at SEGA has ever used YM2612 timers (info from official SEGA manual), Vsync was the choice. I use YM2612 timer only for BGM and SFX syncing in my soon to be finished sound driver (for MD tracker) so everything plays near identical on all machines.
Enough of MD... FMB is the deal here, and good luck with that !!!
Malfunction

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking about Your MD tracker support Wink
TmEE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh... that way... but then you need to figure out a way how DOS program would communicate with Windows one as I can't access USB from MDT... maybe arrange some fake hardware ports into FMB driver, so if my proggy writes to it, that data gets sent to FMB... I know nearly nothing about programming for Windows, but I believe it is possible, at least on Win9x (as my YMF719's softsynth does it, and VERY well).
tinctu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 07:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had buy extra MDs as first plans was to use MD soundchip.
But maybe will be YM2612 daugterboard...
So I will not sell them.

I think It will be better to use multichannel DAC in FM-B than onechannel in YM...
Maybe software-emulation patch will be better to do FM-B compatible with YM2612...In standard version and later use YM2612 daughterboard for real hardware...
Because musicians need multichannel DAC for drums and samples for example - samples from speechsynth etc...
I am musician but I think 50mhz+Ram will be enought for that emulation-patch in standard version...

@tmEE->
Well that soundcard will have expansion slot with name daughter-board so another soundchips will be possible.So I hope that will be developed YM2612 daughterboard later.For emulators and MD trackers.

What about port MD-Tracker (nice one ,really good work...) to Windows???There are lot of modern Basic languages for Win too.I have seen one with QB syntax too...MD-Tracker is very nice idea.MD scene needs chipmusicians and some MD native chipmusic players (running on MD) like on GB or Sega Master System are.And some releases in music compos too...Because MD has amazing soundchip...
When FM-B will be available than will be easy to make cheap YM2612 daugter board for expansion slot and there will be Z80+RAM+USB...So it will be easy to make very close to MD software for it (I mean only sound - there will be no 68k).

@Malfi->
What about make some WWW for FM-B later.As Hardsid has???You know some firmware,drivers,software,manuals/pdf/,songs,compo,PDF magazine...etc etc
And maybe some daughterboard PCB layouts /maybe some of them free/ or shop for daughter boards withouth soundchips / with soundchips...

And what about "FM-BDisko" later (in Poland or Europe...)???(party like technoparty but artist will use only FM-B...)...
Or FM-BFest Razz
Malfunction

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 08:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be no need for YM2612 daughtercard, because YMF288 (OPN3-L) will be installed as standard together with YMF262 (OPL3).

YMF288 consist of:
- 6 channels 4-op FM (like YM2612 but 6th channel has the same capabilities like 3rd one)
- one YM2149F SSG inside (mono output)
- 6 channels of Drums (sampled sounds from internal ROM, played at fixed frequency, but with volume controls)
- NO YM2612's DAC mode on 6th channel (we will redirect register calls to external DAC)

In plans there are daughterboard with:
1. YM2151 OPM
2. SID and/or POKEY (maybe with possibility to be populated to 2x each)
3. Analog filter section
4. connection card for "Music Synthesis Module KIT" from Saratronics (SAA1099P)
5. whatever else - maybe GFX card Smile
Malfunction

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 08:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

TmEE: There will be virtual registers in driver for easy programming Smile

Elan: Yup - we will make stand alone FM-Beauty page for selling/support/community Smile
TmEE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Windows version of MDT, it can be done, as FreeBASIC is more or less the same as QB, BUT the porting process will cause considerable amount of headache, as I'm doing LOTS of hardware access in MDT, and only Win9x based Wins allow it to some extent as far as I know. AND I've got no Windows programming experience, maybe when 12th grade is over, and I go to university...

If I can do "OUT TheVirtualRegOfFMbeauty, DataIwannaWrite%" then its OK. But I need all info about the programming of the device, and the device itself to mess with (or some emu, or... I've got no idea).
Malfunction

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be whole SDK + examples. Besides of that - we have plans to lend developement version of FM-Beauty to software developers probably Smile
tinctu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Malfi -> YO YO 320x200x16 or 256 colors+blitter+tv-out... Then it will be gate to real retro gaming /sound+gfx+atari joy/... or retrodemoscene? Shocked

New platform has born... Wink Wink Wink

PS: I will found new democrew (msx,gfx,code) only for FM-B.
Nobody will interesting in Farbrausch┬┤s or Conspiracy┬┤s production anymore Cool.
"No FM-B = no demo!!!" Like in 90ties "No Gravis Ultrasound ,no sound...".
Malfunction

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better not - GRAVIS is not making GUS any longer Sad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Racks and Modules All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: